Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Painful

Today was a purely mental game in the gym, painful...  I did two workouts yesterday, and was sore today, I felt that I had no go-juice in the muscles. But I want my 5 workouts a week, so I went into the gym.  It's pushing through the tired sore days that makes me stronger.  

The workout shouldn't have been that tough, a combo of snatches and overhead squats.  But ever rep hurt, my technique was crap, my head wasn't wrapping around it, by the third round (of ten) I just wanted to quit... I was hating the workout and hating myself for sucking so bad at it.  It took me twice as long as it should have.  ...But I finished... 

Part of what I have come to love about crossfit (and oly lifting) is the suck.  Those days that ever fiber of my body hurts, my brain hurts, even some days my pride hurts.. But I suck it up and I keep going back.  And after I suffered through that workout, nothing else today can seem that bad.  Any day that I finish a workout is a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Way to push through! I have had those days the past 4 weeks in my build-up, but now its taper time, so I am looking forward to the break. I agree, embrace the suck! Having an athletic endeavor has been very therapeutic for me, how about you?

    ReplyDelete