Sunday, July 7, 2013

First ever "race" report

About a month ago I got a wild hair to sign up for a 5k.  So I signed up for the 4th of July Freedom Run.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  But this is the farther I've run since getting out of the military over 5 years ago.  And I've never ran in an organized event like this.  I went into it with no running specific training, just my usual crossfit training.  Basically my goal was to not stop moving forward.  So, I did not run the whole thing, there was walking.  But I finished it.  My goal was 45 minutes.  I finished in 43:40.  It's a start :)  I've changed my training schedule, and plan on doing another 5k in October, so we'll see...

Either way, I got out there on the 4th of July wearing my Team RWB shirt, and finished my first ever 5k.  I'm proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment