Sunday, July 17, 2011

Big Sky State Games

Yesterday I oly lifted in the Big Sky State Games.  There was one other girl in my weight class (58kg class).  And I won gold!  I totally had no expectations going into this meet, I am still learning and getting stronger.  So that was super cool to get the gold legit style!

My snatches were 38kg, 42kg, and I missed my 46kg attempt.  (83.6#, 92.4#, and missed 101.2#)
My Clean and jerks were 47kg, 50kg, and 53kg.  (103.4# 110# 116.6#)
That was a new personal best in both lifts.

All in all a good day, I'm surprised and very happy with the outcome.  Tentatively there will be another oly meet in October.  I plan on focusing on strength training for a while now.  I feel pretty good with my technique, I just want to bigger lifts now.

There is some photos and video to come.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the gold! I'm so happy you found a sport you love and have the passion and desire to train for and be the best you can at it. Finding "your sport" helps so much in the recovery process. Triathlon is one of those thing for me that has "saved my life". That is a lot to clean and jerk for a girls your size! Wow! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete