Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Face the Fin

First thing I have to do is give credit to where I stole my blog name from.  CrossFit Lisbeth is a great site.  She recently did a blog post on facing the f***ing fin in the water. (Go read it at that link I just gave you!)  This is how I have been trying to face the world lately.  

"Anyhow, my point is: Face the f***ing fin. (I love alliteration.) For too long, you have sat in the boat, worrying and waiting . . . and wondering. Wondering what life would be like if you just said, “F** it. Let’s do this.” If you just decided to throw down and go for it. If you just opened your heart and soul and body and just laid everything on the line, whether it’s in CrossFit, in your job, in your family, in your personal relationships. What could happen?"

Wow...  I'll tell you more later, but the quick story is I suffer from anxiety related to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).  It has left me afraid of the world.  But I'm realizing that if I face the fin and dive in, some of the most amazing things happen.  So despite my fears, here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment