Monday, March 25, 2013

What's Next?

I definitely learned a lot about myself during that sugar detox.  So I'm trying to keep some of that in mind as the weeks go on.  I've looked for some less sugar sweets in the evening (dark chocolate!)  And try hard to avoid treats during the day as well.  I'm still toying with gluten, and so far gluten seems to win ever time.  I had gluten-free mac & cheese, no problem.  I had a regular pasta dinner from my favorite restaurant and felt super sick after dinner.  I am slowly coming to terms with the idea that I should just stay gluten-free.  After many years of being a baked-goods-aholic this is a scary notion to me.

As for the rest of it.  I am making a commitment to myself that I am going to do the One Helena Hundred Century Ride in July.  It will be my first century, so I have a few months to get ready.  Two weeks after that is the NAMI Ride which I've supported for a few years now at the 5 or 10 mile ride.  This year I'm doing the 33 mile loop.  Those are my big goals for this summer.  I'd look at more, but with the wedding in September I don't want to put to much on my plate.  

And I know it's kind of far out to be planning, but that's how I role, I definitely want to stay up with training through the winter so I can either do several centuries next summer, or MAYBE even try my hand at triathlons (gasp!).  We'll see as we get through this summer, but I am friends with some amazingly inspiring people (one in particular) and I find myself drawn to the challenge of a triathlon.

So tonight I get my new bike computer set up and a few tweets to my fit on the bike.  And tomorrow it's game on!

1 comment:

  1. Some awesome goals coming up for you this summer! I am so excited that you have now added cyclist to all the aspects that make you YOU! I'm a little biased but I hope you do decide to do a triathlon next year. I would love to be a part of that process! Proud of you my friend! Sisters in arms!

    ReplyDelete