Monday, February 11, 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox

It's time for me to admit that I have a problem.  I am addicted to sugar.  There I said it.  I love everything sweet, I love breads, pastas, pastries, all that refined sugar carb-y goodness.  

But I also know it's not good for me.  I mean that not in the sense that it's unhealthy (which most of it is) I mean that in the sense that the more sugar, carbs, grains I eat the crappier I feel.  My joints hurt, I get headaches, foggy brained, and sooo tired and grumpy.  My blood sugar crashes and all the sudden I am starving, weak, nauseous, and shaky.  And I don't like the soft spots on my body.  I've played some with paleo nutrition and gluten-free nutrition.  Both did good things for the way I felt physically and in my brain.  And yet I continue to eat the crap food that I know is bad.

So I've decided that starting February 18th, 1 week from today, I am going to try a 21 Day Sugar Detox challenge.  NO sugar for 21 days, including fruit, grains, artificial sweeteners, none of it.  Getting clean of sugar is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but I'm always scared and make excuses. So now I'm putting it on the Interwebs for everyone to see, so I have to hold myself accountable.  ekk!  I'm hoping this gives me a great break/jumping off point for maintaining a good clean paleo lifestyle afterwards.

I want more out of myself, so it's time to stop cheating myself for instant (and short lived) satisfaction.

Discipline

No comments:

Post a Comment