Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 2: Bone broth FAIL

I made a big pot of bone broth last night with the intention of having a cup of the wholesomeness every morning with breakfast.  It turned out awful….  Flavor was ok, but it was like drinking hot coconut oil…  all slimy/oily.  I couldn't drink it.  I talked to some folks on various paleo website to confirm that's not right, it should be broth-like when warmed. So I may try again, may not.  I mostly was going to drink it for the benefits in healing the gut.  Instead today I got some Kombucha.

Day 2 of my 21 day sugar detox:  As for today I was starting to feel the lack of sugar.  I was super tired most of the day.  I expect the next day or two to be kind of rough as my body stops having sugar to burn and starts burning fat.  But I've got lots of good food around, so there are no excuses not to stay on course.  

PicShells

*Photo doesn't show everything I ate, but most of it.  Not included in the photo is a paleo muffin, Kombucha, and plain yogurt with cinnamon and vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment