Sunday, February 24, 2013

One Week DONE!

I am just about finished with week one of my 21 day sugar detox.  Things are continually getting better.  My energy is great, my brain feels clear, all-in-all I just feel like things are working better.  Last night was a girl's night out with the ladies from the gym.  Before heading out for the night I made a conscious, pre-planned decision about how to get through the night.  I decided that I would stick with a good clean dinner (steak, broccolini, and a potato), but I would allow myself 1 drink (gin and tonic).  That way I wasn't trying to make decisions on the fly with temptations sitting right in front of me.  It worked perfect!  I decided not to go with the ladies for more drinks after dinner since I wasn't drinking, I felt that would totally push my limits on temptation at this point.  I am still craving junk food, it's getting less, but this morning I was dreaming about a maple bar….

There is a part of me that is saying "hey, you proved you can live without sugar.  Have a treat."  I find myself trying to talk myself out of finishing the detox, which is exactly why I needed to do the detox.  I can too easily cave and justify bad food choices.  I think physically this next week will go much better, but emotionally may be tougher.  Got to see it through, only 14 days left.

Motivation

 

In other news, I have been wanting to get into road biking for quite sometime.  PJ is big into it, and I'd love to share some riding time with him.  So we've talked for sometime about getting me a road bike.  Yesterday we bit the bullet and I got a new bike.  It is so fabulous!!  I got a Trek Madone 3.1 WSD.  Unfortunately yesterday it was snowing and crappy so I couldn't take it for a ride.  But today was beautiful; 45 degrees and sunny, so I suited up and hit the road.  Wow! The road bike is so responsive and light compared to years on a mountain bike.  It will take a little getting use to, but I loved it.  I can see myself putting a lot of miles on that bike.  PJ and I are still debating on signing up for either a metric century in Helena or the Bike MS ride this year.  I'm ready for some real spring weather so I can really go!

New bike

2 comments:

  1. I'd suggest the Longest Dam Race, but it is only 10k and I think you're past that. However, you could still visit Fort Peck anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sis, im impressed! Keep up the hard work!! Luv u, Big Bro

    ReplyDelete