Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 3 and 4… Starting the up swing.

I've made it through 2 more days successfully.  Yesterday I struggled with my stomach really aching after every meal, Kombucha settled it down, so I'm thinking it was gut bacteria's die-off (common when people get away from the standard American diet).  Stomach's feeling better today, but sticking with Kombucha and some plain yogurt with a dash of cinnamon, all things to help heal a leaky gut.  On top of the stomach pain, I was pretty dang tired all day and went to bed early, but slept great.  And I've been freezing cold….

Day 3

Today all of that is getting better.  No stomach pain today, still really tired, but my brain feels more clear.  And I managed to stay warm with a little effort.  Although today I was craving some junk food bad!  It hit me hard about 1:00, I was dragging ass and just kept thinking about how peppy a candy bar or soda would make me feel…. I had some black tea and yogurt instead.  Oh, and a fabulous trip to the chiropractor made me feel so fresh and new.  Also I even got a workout tonight (workouts having been suffering the last few weeks).  PJ and I got a bike trainer for Christmas, so I finally got around to my first ride on the trainer, just a short 35 minutes, but it's a start.  Feeling good now and looking forward to curling up in bed soon.

Day 4

 

So in case you're still wondering what the heck this Kombucha is that I keep talking about..  It's fermented tea.  Fermented foods of all types have lots of great bacteria in it.  Kombucha has a bit of a rough smell to it, but is actually really yummy and comes in a wide variety of flavors.  Fermented foods help heal our guts, which is good for our energy, our immune system, and our overall wellbeing, (Here's a list of good things it can do) so I can have my tea and feel good too.  So the next time you can't shake that icky tummy feeling I would highly recommend you grab a bottle to sip.

Kombucha

 

17 Days to Go!  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment